Click below to book your free ticket
- Understand the psychology behind identity and belonging and its connection to mental wellness.
- Hear first-hand, real-life student experiences of discovering identity.
- Learn about the most effective resources and support available to students in HE.
- Introduction to eQS identity-related services and products from Disability Services Division MD Andy Gough (NMH from Amano and mental wellness e-learning from Learning Labs).
- Interview or panel style webinars hosted by eQS with special guest speakers.
- Attendee Q&A – ask your own questions.
- CPD – receive a certificate post-webinar.
Our guest speakers
Lateesha Osbourne is a PhD holder (University of Bath) and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion consultant. Her doctoral research focused on Black students’ identity and sense of belonging in higher education. She used qualitative methods to focus on how social identities were constructed, negotiated and threatened in different social contexts. Lateesha is a psychologist whose expertise includes gender, race, sexuality and other equalities communities.
Read more about Dr Lateesha’s work here:
Black students’ experiences of “acceptable” racism at a UK university.
Black students’ experiences at a predominantly White institution in the UK.
Dr Dominique Thompson is a multi-award winning GP, national mental health expert, TEDx speaker, author and educator, with over 20 years of clinical experience, including as a police and expedition doctor, and Director of Service at the University of Bristol Students’ Health Service.
Dr Dom has written several wellbeing books and guides to help support young people and those who care for them.
Find out more about Dr Dom’s work here.
As well as Dr Dom’s website on ‘How to grow a Grown Up’.
Dr Dominique Thompson will be joined on the second webinar by a student and a Non-Medical Help consultant as part of a group panel discussion.
Student Makari is in his final year at the University of Plymouth where is he is studying International Relations and Politics.
The team at eQS will also be on hand as hosts to take your questions and eQS Head of Operations Natasha Hardiman will give a brief introduction to Amano and Learning Labs.