The eQS Company
When we think about education, we think about the wonderment of learning and the endless opportunities in life it can bring. But what if there are barriers to learning?
Assistive technology (AT) is designed to improve an individual’s ability to access the world around them, such as accessing learning in education, the workplace and the wider world.
eQuality Solutions is a group of sister companies that share a passion for supporting inclusivity and neurodiversity with personalised learning solutions.
This passion stems from our founder, Chris Quickfall, who discovered he was dyslexic when he was 21, whilst studying at university. Having experienced the equipment and services available first-hand, Chris’ desire to improve the quality of support for all higher education students receiving Disabled Students Allowance (DSA), fuelled the launch of our three companies.
eQuality Solutions is made up of Invate, an AT equipment and software provider, e-Quality Learning, a one-to-one AT training provider, and Learning Labs, an AT e-learning portal.
Our goal is to help people to get the most out of their assistive technology (AT), and therefore, achieve their full potential in life.
eQuality Solutions is looking for a Software Developer to join our rapidly growing Sales and Marketing Team. The role of Software Developer is to accelerate the production of our high-quality software, which is greatly valued by our end users, staff and stakeholders.
The eQS Software Developer role is responsible for producing a cloud-hosted software package called Learning Labs using a classic Scrum agile development methodology. The Software Developer will also provide support, improvements and maintenance on a number of inhouse development systems.
Learning Labs is designed to help people get the most out of their assistive technology, and therefore, in achieving their full potential in life. Any successful applicants will be given a login to access https://app.learninglabs.co/.
The eQS Software Developer’s aim is to develop an already established product into a world-class e-learning platform. Currently operating within the Government’s Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) fund, our aggressive growth plans include expanding into the workplace learning sector, and into new educational markets across the globe. Development plans include creating multiple user types and increasing the complexity and commercial potential of the product.
The Software Developer works on all points in the development cycle: design, acceptance criteria, development, QA and continuous integration of our software. The role ensures features are built using sound engineering principle and good patterns, using Azure Devops (TFS), Team City, C# .Net web stack and SQL Server.
If you want to be part of a motivated and forward-thinking team to help take a develop a product and services that are designed to support people in achieving their full potential, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a candidate who shares our values.
We support our staff in fulfilling the values with our monthly Lunch ‘n’ Learn programme where members of the team take turns to lead a workshop (and lunch is included!) We also run a LEAD (Leadership Exploration and Development) Programme to support our management team in growing as leaders of the business.
Our Employee Benefits
We provide a comprehensive package for all employees which aims to:
- Make a tangible difference to life – both inside and outside the office.
- Create a rewarding workplace where everyone feels valued.
- Have a focus on wellbeing as an integrated part of a good working life.
See the full benefits by clicking here.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Development of: https://app.learninglabs.co/
- Contributing to and reviewing backlog stories and their acceptance criteria.
- Software design.
- Coding, and QA activities such as testing, code reviewing and unit testing
- Proactive involvement in monthly Sales and Marketing Team meetings including offering innovative ideas to support other team members in their roles.
- Essential knowledge of the Microsoft .Net web stack including:
- Working knowledge of C# .Net Framework
- Working knowledge of T-SQL
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of IIS
- Successful candidate should also be able to display:
- Logical approach to debugging and problem solving
- Understanding of object orientated programming techniques
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritising workload with efficiency.
- Ability to work with a Sales and Marketing team, collaborating on Product Design & Development projects.
- Previous developer career experience essential.
Beneficial Skills / Experience:
- Experience in using TFS / Azure Dev Ops.
- Experience in using Visual Studio 2019.
- Working knowledge of JQuery.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure and/or AWS.
- Experience of managing Linux/Apache web stack.
- Sector experience in technology and / or education.
- Passion for user experience design and accessibility.
- Be eager to learn with a technical mindset.
- Passion for innovative user experience design.
- Passion for supporting inclusivity in society.
- Passion for continuous learning and personal development.
- Highly motivated, friendly and ambitious (must share our company values).