South West – ideally commutable to Tavistock and/or Bristol.
Permanent, full-time, 37.5 hours/week.
Amano Student Support
Amano is a provider of specialist learning support to disabled students studying in higher or further education and to apprenticeship learners. Amano is an accredited Disabled Students Allowance provider offering academic student support across the South West. For 10 years our reputation has been built upon a professional, reliable and friendly approach to learner support. Our students and learners report high levels of satisfaction, and our services positively impact their access to, success in, and progression from education.
To meet the increasing demand for our high-quality support we now have a vacancy for a Student Support Manager to:
1. Manage our head-office team
2. Build links with our Higher Education Institutions
3. Drive performance to meet agreed targets and KPIs
4. Be an escalation point for complaints and safeguarding issues
5. Guide our specialist non-medical help consultants with delivering support ‘the Amano Way’.
Find out more about Amano by visiting the company website: www.amanosupport.com.
eQS Group and Values
Our group of sister companies share a passion for supporting inclusivity and neurodiversity with personalised learning solutions.
We are looking for a candidate who shares our values. Head to our Careers page for more on the Group and Values. You can also find out about our leadership team on our About Us page.
As the Amano Student Support Manager, you will:
- Manage the head office support team, ensuring targets and KPIs are met and that the highest professional standards are maintained through:
- Regular team 1:1s and staff development plans
- Leading weekly team meetings and organising team strategy events
- Taking operational responsibility for all aspects of Amano service delivery, including liaison with IT services, Human Resources and office service providers.
- Take responsibility for Higher Education Institution (HEI) student support service contracts, forming the main point of contact between HEI disability services, the Amano team and Amano support consultants.
- Contribute to the development of Amano’s innovative systems and procedures.
- Contribute to the marketing of Amano services.
- Provide effective advice, guidance and supervision to Amano consultants who are supporting disabled students and learners in various educational settings
- Communicate promptly and professionally with other DSA stakeholders e.g. needs assessors and other service providers.
- Communicate effectively with students, learners, and occasionally their family members to further their academic success and progress.
- Drive targets and KPIs through:
- Monitoring student support engagement and targeting follow-up when appropriate.
- Ensuring effective on-going recruitment takes place to provide face-to-face support when requested by a needs assessor/HEI.
- Overseeing submission of timesheets and following up with consultants who are not submitting timesheets promptly.
- Ensure that Amano consultants are working to both the Amano standards and the quality frameworks and audit standards that are in place.
- Be required to complete Amano administration and record keeping promptly and accurately.
- Have oversight of and ensure that personnel records are complete and accurate.
- Follow Amano safeguarding, health and safety, lone working, and professional and personal boundaries policies.
- Be prepared to travel on a regular basis across the south west region.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service and client management skills with the ability to anticipate and meet the requirements of all customers.
- Able to self-motivate, work as part of a team, work on own initiative, prioritise and handle a diverse workload.
- Good organisational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A valid driving licence is essential as is a suitable car for business usage.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of the DSA and/or education sector.
- Experience of working in Account Management within a commercial environment.
- A rewarding role with scope for further development in management.
- Work within a professional and friendly team.
- A competitive salary and company benefits.
- Comprehensive training and CPD.
- Innovative, easy-to-use Amano management systems.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Chris Collier, Head of Partnership Development: email@example.com